NPS Fortnight
Government of Odisha has been awarded as the “Best State” in the Subscriber Record Maintenance by PFRDA for the year 2016.


About Diagram

NPS is mandatory for State Government Employees who have joined services on or after 1st January, 2005 in regular pensionable establishment vide Government in Finance Department Notification No.44451/F, Dated 17.09.2005. NPS has been extended to employees who have joined on contractual basis vide Government in G.A. Department Notification No 32010/GA/ dated 12.11.2013.

The DT&I(O) has been nominated as the Nodal Agency by Government in Finance Department for implementation of NPS in the state. All District and Special Treasuries are declared as the Nodal Offices.

NPS Cell of Directorate of Treasuries & Inspection, Odisha is responsible for day to day monitoring, contribution uploading and implementation of NPS in the State.

Citizen Centric Services

Contribution Details

Subscribers monthly contribution details.

Know your PRAN details

Personal Details as registered with NSDL.

Subscriber Registration Status

Status of new subscriber application.


Have a problem? Connect to us.


What is National Pension System and how that is regulated?
National Pension System (NPS) is a defined Contribution system, where the employee contributes a part of his salary and employer contributes an equal matching contribution. It is regulated by Pension Fund Regulatory & Development Authority (PFRDA), New Delhi, a statutory Body constituted by Government of India. In PFRDA Architecture, NSDL, Mumbai has been appointed as Central Record Keeping Agency (CRA) to maintain the records of individual Pension Account. Monetary transactions are made through Trustee Bank. Presently, Axis Bank is the Trustee Bank appointed by PFRDA. Three Pension Fund Managers (SBI, LIC & UTI) have been empanelled for investment of Pension wealth in secured Funds. Six Annuity service Providers have been selected to provide Pension to the subscribers. The NPS Architecture is guided by PFRDA Act-2013.
Which category of Government Employees are mandatorily entitled to be under NPS?
NPS is mandatory for State Government Employees who have joined services on or after 1st January, 2005 in regular pensionable establishment vide Government in Finance Department Notification No.44451/F,Dt.17.09.2005. For central Government Employees the effective date is 1st Jan’2004.
I have joined in Government service on contractual appointment. Am I eligible to be under NPS?
NPS is applicable to Government contractual employees appointed vide General Administration Department Notification No.32010/GA/ dated12.11.2013 read with Finance Department Notification No. 29416–FIN–NPS–0006/2015/F. Dt.16.11.2015.
I am covered by NPS. Can I contribute to General Provident fund?
No. The General Provident Fund (Odisha) Rules, 1938 is not applicable for employees covered under NPS.
How does the NPS Works?
When you join in government Service, you will be allotted with a unique Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN), issued by CRA, NSDL. The PRAN account will remain valid till the age superannuation. The subscriber can continue to contribute in the PRAN account even after she/he quits the Government service.
What is the provision for allotment of Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN) to newly joined employee?
Employee shall submit application (CSRF) to DDO within seven days from joining, who shall forward the same with certificate to Treasury. Treasury Officer shall verify the CSRF received and forward it with her/his approval to the NPS Cell, of Directorate of Treasuries & Inspection, Odisha, who will process and send to facilitation center of CRA. The facilitation Center will digitize the information contained in the CSRF in CRA’s system for allotment of PRAN. The hard copy will also sent by the FC to the CRA, NSDL.
How does the employee come to know about allotment of PRAN?
Once the PRAN is generated, an email alert as well as a SMS alert will be sent to the registered email ID and mobile number of the subscriber by CRA-NSDL followed by sending of PRAN Kit.
What is PRAN and PRAN Kit?
On successful registration, a PRAN (Permanent Retirement Account Number) will be allotted to the subscriber. A PRAN Kit containing PRAN card, Subscriber details (referred as Subscriber Master List) and an information booklet is sent to the subscriber's registered address. The T-Pin and I-Pin are sent separately to the registered address. The PRAN Card is a document with PRAN, subscriber’s name, father's name, photograph and Signature/thumb impression. This card proves the completeness of information in the CRA system. The Subscriber Master List shows all the information as provided by the subscriber in his/her application and accordingly captured in CRA system. A subscriber may verify the correctness of the information submitted for registration by looking at the Subscriber Master List.
Can a CRA-FC reject the Subscriber application forms?
CRA will perform verification checks, such as whether name is mentioned, photograph is attached, signature is present and other mandatory fields (other supporting documents for KYC norms prescribed by PFRDA) are properly filled. In case the application form is not filled with all the required details, CRA-FC will reject the registration form. CRA-FC will intimate regarding rejection of forms.
From which month can I contribute from my salary towards NPS?
Regular monthly contribution shall start from the salary of 2nd Month of Joining in a particular establishment.
I have been transferred to a new office. What action to be taken in the new station for deduction of my NPS contribution?
On transfer from one DDO to other under same or different Treasury requires change in Subscriber-DDO- DTO mapping. So, it is necessary for the DDO to intimate the concerned Treasury or NPS Cell of DTI for change of mapping prior to generation of salary Bill in the new station.
I have been allotted with a PRAN when I was in my past service. After giving resignation, I have joined in a pensionable establishment under Government of Odisha. Can I use my old PRAN?
PRAN is unique and portable. Multiple PRANs cannot be generated for the same person. The same PRAN can be used only by shifting the PRAN to DTI, Odisha (DTA) if that was under different sector. For this, subscriber has to apply in Form-ISS-1 to District/Special Treasury.
How can I contribute my regular monthly contributions for the period prior to generation of my PRAN?
Subscriber can contribute for the arrear period (i.e from the second moth’s salary till the time of generation of PRAN) in maximum 12 equal installments from the salary along with regular contribution after due approval from District/ Special Treasury Officer. In case the subscriber intends to deduct his contribution for the before the generation of the PRAN in more 12 installments, she/he may move to NPS cell of Directorate of Treasuries through the DDO and the DTO. Please refer F.D notification No 3689/F Dated 07.02.2013 in the matter.
I have forgotten my I-Pin. How to reset that?
Go to CRA website www.npscra.nsdl.co.in and select option “Resetting of I-PIN” on homepage (under value added services) to reset the I-PIN. Enter mandatory details to regenerate the instant I-PIN through One Time Password (OTP) sent on registered mobile number. In case mobile number is not registered, reset the I-PIN by providing the request online and getting the request authorised by the concerned District/Special Treasury or submit the application in Form-S2 to concerned District/Special Treasury through DDO.
How can I update my Mobile Number & Mail Id?
Please Login into the CRA System www.cra-nsdl.com with PRAN and I-PIN. Select the menu “Update contact details” option for modifying or adding the email ID& mobile number and update the details. Subscriber needs to confirm the changes and on successful updation, an SMS as well as email will be sent in the updated and old contact details or by applying to concerned District/Special Treasury in prescribed Form-S2.
What benefits I will get by updation of my contact details?
By updation of your contact details you can avail SMS/Email alert on PRAN generation, on Transactions in PRAN/Fund Value, Email Intimation on changes in Subscriber details like Nomination, Address, Bank details, etc. and periodical PFRDA News letter.
How can I update my Nominee details?
For updating Nominee Details, apply in prescribed S-2 form to District/ Special Treasury through your DDO.
To whom I will report for any Missing credit in my Tier-I Account?
In case of any missing credit noticed by you, intimate the same with details of missing contributions to your District/ Special Treasury through DDO. After due verification, Treasury shall forward the same to NPS Cell of DTI for settlement.
Deduction of NPS contribution is applicable during drawal of my Arrear Dearness Allowance or not?
In case of enhanced D.A, the deduction towards the NPS on the differential amount is allowed, if the same is due to be drawn.
Whether I am eligible for part withdrawal from my Tier-I Account?
Yes, but after 10 years of regular contributions. The withdrawal amount is limited to 25% of the total subscriber’s contribution. (For detail refer Govt. in F.D. notification No13477/F Dated 03.05.2016 .
I am a DDO. Is it possible to access CRA-NSDL portal?
Yes, you can access the CRA System www.cra-nsdl.com using the user ID and password.
How can the DDO obtain the User ID & password to acess the CRA System?
Click on the hyperlink “Forgot Password” on home page to generate instant I-PIN. Using ‘Instant Reset I-PIN’ option and providing the DDO Registration number followed by two zeros (e.g. if DDO Registration is ‘ABC012345D’ then the User ID would be ‘ABC012345D00’). On submission of User ID, the User is required to provide some basic information & to confirm where an Acknowledgement number will be generated. Now, submit the print out of Acknowledgement. No. to Treasury for Authorization.
Can I contribute more than 10% of (Pay+GP+DA) from my monthly salary?
Yes, you will be permitted to contribute more than the mandated 10% of the (Pay + Grade Pay + Dearness Allowance) into your Tire-I account .However, the additional contribution can be made by the subscriber using e-NPS for which there will be no matching Government contribution.
In case of Missing of my PRAN Card, to whom I will report for Re-Issue?
In case of missing of your PRAN card, lodge a FIR at nearest Police Station and apply to District/Special Treasury through DDO to process for Re-issue of PRAN card.
I have been deputed to a Foreign Body. How can I contribute towards NPS? Who will provide the Matching Contribution?
You can avail the online facility provided in IFMS for sending the NPS schedule online followed by remittance of contribution through Bank Draft or any electronic mode of fund transfer. For detail refer Govt. in FD circular No 22298/F Dated 14.08.2015.
What is the procedure for final Exit from NPS?
In case of exit/withdrawal the applicant may submit the prescribed application form to the Head of the Office/ DDO, who shall upon verification forward the application to the concerned District/Special Treasury. The Treasury process the application for withdrawal in CRA system online. It is regulated by Exit Policy of PFRDA-2015. The procedure for final Exit/ Withdrawal and provision of Pension has been laid down in Government in Finance Department Notification No.13477/F, Dated 03.05.2016.
I am Government employee and my Pension is regulated by O.C.S. Pension Rule-1992. Whether I can be registered under NPS?
Yes, you will be under NPS. Through e-NPS of Central Record Keeping Agency, NSDL, you can apply for Registration and allotment of PRAN. Also through e- NPS you can deposit your contribution by using Debit Card/ Credit Card and Net Banking. There will be no matching Government contribution.
Whether Retirement Gratuity is applicable to Employees under NPS?
Provision of Retirement Gratuity and Death Gratuity have been extended to Central Government Employees covered under NPS vide Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pension No-7/5/2012-P & PW (F)/B, dated 26th Aug’2016.
If I leave Government service before I retire, will the Government continue to contribute to my Tier-I account?
No. The 10% contribution by the Government will stop when you leave Government service. However, your savings in your Tier-I and Tier-II accounts will stay in your name and you will be able to continue using these accounts to save for your retirement.
Who will be responsible for the NPS and for protecting my interests?
The Government has set up a new dedicated regulatory authority known as Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA). The PFRDA will be responsible for the NPS and for protecting your interests in the NPS in consultation with Ministry of Finance.
What will happen to my savings in the Tier-I account when I retire?
You will be able to withdraw maximum 60% of your accrued Pension wealth as a lump sum when you retire. You will be required to use the balance of your accrued Pension wealth to purchase an annuity scheme from Annuity Service Providers as per your choice. The Annuity Service Providers will pay you a monthly pension as per your choice of product.
What will happen to my savings if I decide to retire before age 60?
You will be required to use Minimum 80% of accrued Pension wealth in your Tier-I account to purchase the annuity. You will be able to withdraw the balance accrued Pension wealth as a lump sum. The other option is to continue the investment till the age of 60.
Whether a retiring Government Servant is entitled for leave encashment after retirement under the NPS?
The benefit of encashment of leave salary is not a part of the retirement benefits admissible under Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972/Odisha Civil Service Pension Rules, 1992. It is payable in terms of Odisha Leave Rules, 1966 which will continue to be applicable to the government servants who join the government service on after 01-01-2005. Therefore, the benefit of encashment of leave salary payable to the Government Servant/to their Families on account of retirement/death will be admissible.
Will I get a tax deduction for the investment?
Yes. The various Tax benefit as under. A. Employee Contribution: Deduction up to 10% of salary (basic+ DA) within overall ceiling Rs.1.50 Lakh u/s 80C. B. Voluntary Contribution: Deduction up to Rs.50,000 u/s 80 CCD(1B) from taxable income for additional contribution to NPS. C. Employer Contribution: Deduction up to 10% of salary (Basic + DA) from taxable income u/s 80 CCD(2). This is over and above the limits u/s 80C.
What is Tier-II Account?
It is an additional account which can be opened by subscriber at any point of presence by showing the PRAN. Tire-II Account functions as a saving Bank Account. Withdrawal from that account shall not require any sanction.
Who can have a Tier-II Account?
The subscriber having Tier-I Account can opt to open Tier-II Account.
What is the benefit of having a Tier-II Account?
It operates as a saving Bank Account which will meet the financial requirement of the subscriber at exigency.

Contact Us!

Have a problem? Connect to us...

Toll Free 18003456739

Important Links